South Hobart FC is one of nine clubs around Tasmania to be granted a SAP licence by Football Federation Tasmania. The Skill Acquisition Phase (SAP) is a coaching program aimed at improving the skills of the Under 9 to 12s and is designed by Football Federation Australia.
It’s a program that relies on experienced coaches who understand children to succeed. This is why South Hobart Football Club engaged Morton’s Soccer School to provide coaching services for South Hobart SAP.
Major features of South Hobart SAP
- Coaching provided by MSS—with years of experience and success in coaching junior players.
- All children welcome regardless of current skill level. It is our job to help your child improve to be the best they can be! A focus on improving skills and being a good person.
- Players have more time on the pitch than at other clubs delivering SAP—with one and a half hour sessions and no mid-term breaks.
- Training twice per week during State School Terms on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15pm to 5:45pm—includes optional school holiday SAP sessions at no extra cost.
- Venue—currently Cornelian Bay Sports Ground, New Town and from February/March 2017 (date TBC) we move to Wellesley Park, South Hobart.
- Run in four distinct age groups (U9, U10, U11 and U12)—children can join at any time. Girls can opt to train in Girls Only sessions if preferred.
- Run at the same time and venue as regular MSS, but in a separate group. This makes it easier for siblings to train at the same time—and easier for parents.
- SAP uniform required at a total cost of $155. But it’s worth every cent. Kids know what to wear and there’s no pressure on parents to keep buying “the favourite team/player” of the moment outfit.
- South Hobart SAP Program costs $130/month payable in advance—which equates to $16.25/session. This means you are only committed for one month at a time, and can come, go and come back again!
- Ken Morton will have a major coaching role. Other coaches will be appropriately qualified.
- All coaches and volunteers have the required Working with Children Check.
- Those attending South Hobart SAP are welcome to play for South Hobart FC, another non-SAP club or their school.
- Participation in the four SAP Festivals held during the year—along with the other Clubs delivering SAP. To be confirmed mid-term.
- Term 1 enrolments are now open. The first session commences on Tuesday, 7 February 2017.
To enrol your child in South Hobart SAP you will need to complete an online enrolment form. By submitting this online enrolment form you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of your child's enrolment. Please use a separate form for each child enrolled.
FFT have advised that there will no longer be any SAP Festivals held at the end of each term. We understand that the Hobart Cup, Launceston Cup and Devonport Cup will be re-instated, however, we are waiting confirmation from FFT as to how these will apply to SAP providers.
SAP is a two day program, but we understand there may be times when your child can only commit once per week. Please note that this may impact on eligibility for the Cup teams (if applicable).
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. You can send an email or call 0417 597 643.
Also, if any younger/older siblings intend on doing an MSS program, then a separate MSS enrolment form will need to be completed.